Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

3 Kool Things, &c. (eTK.?)

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 13 May 91 07:16:37 CDT
Subject: 3 Kool Things, &c. (eTK.?)

1) Wednesday I got on a bus in Vickie's neighborhood and in the driver's
rearview mirror I saw about two square inches of shoulder that somehow made
me think, that looks like Vickie-- and it was!  (She was reading the
complete Happy-lyrics she'd just gotten in the mail.  Coming soon to a
mailing list near you...)

2} Friday I was waiting on the el platform to go visit her, worried I'd
miss our 7pm rendezvous, and when the train pulled in, there in the seat
exactly in front of me (out of at least eight cars with at least fifty
seats each) was Vickie! (Totally lost in Happy-headphones.)

3) When we got to their place, it was maybe the first time ever I'd seen it
in decent lighting (cause they've usually got it sealed up for video
projection), and got to really consider the Kate-pix "wallpaper" in their
livingroom.  The photos were so beautiful that I got the feeling that Kate
herself was there in spirit, and I got this amazing feeling that... Kate
Bush is HUMAN!  A real, nice, friendly, likeable, approachable _person_!
What a wonderful blasphemy!

4)  Sorry if I misled anybody, but Rose Records will _not_ be carrying the
Happy tapes, except Warpaint.

5)  I'd like to put Katemas party contact people in the monthly post for
the next couple of times-- write me please? (I've got Andy Semple's
Euro-post, but I'm not sure I understand if it refers to one or many party
spots?)

6) I heard Roy Harper's "Once" CD, and found it kind of unpleasantly
whiney.

7) I was watching some video obsKuriTies and was surprised to see how young
Kate looks in the platform-heels-in-the-moors version of WH.  You can
really see the child from "Cathy" in her, which I can't remember noticing
in any other videos at all.

"Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches."  Norman Mailer _An American Dream_