Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Are you happy?

From: "Kirstin A. Hargie" <hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 91 17:05:44 EDT
Subject: Re: Are you happy?

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka):
> A couple of people (d and Mike) have been discussing the cover art to
> Happy's tapes.  I'd like to throw in a few comments...
>
> First of all, I *love* these covers; my least favorite is Volume II (the
> silly (yet toothy!) grin on the "demon that lurks" just takes away too much
> ferocity.

Yes, exactly what I thought....I opened up the package saw those hideous faces
and said "Oh Cool."  They are so right for the music.....
It's funny but in a post that I sent that didn't get through I was going to
mention the album covers....Im so glad someone did!
Warpaint's cover is rather disappointing, but it's neat too, she's obviously
making mime movements putting warpaint on her cheek with her fingers...at
least we get to see what she looks like...........

Doug writes about being in a Happy delirium....YES!!!! My friends just
couldn't understand what I meant by this until they finally heard Happy!
Happy is definitely like Vickie says: The Holy Ghost!

In Kateness:
Again calling all musicians....does anyone have any sheet music of Kate's
that I could have a photocopy of????? Pleaassseee......*begging* :)

Jeff Burka:
Thanks again for the lyrics.....but where's Ecto??  Are there lyrics for
that album yet? Or did they get lost?? Sorry to be a nuisance hehe!!

Thoughts on Kate&Prince:
If it's just producing a video it might be an interesting match. But, I
wouldn't like to see her do any of his music like Sinead.....While it
would be good to see her get the recognition she deserves, that's not
the way to do it......

Whatever happened to that rumor about Kate playing Catherine in Wuthering
Heights....????  Is the film actually going to be redone..any info???

enuf waxing...back to the books...3 down, 3 to go! YEAH!

Harg

"It's just me being silly"   Kate