Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Digest

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Sat, 4 May 91 14:33:45 PDT
Subject: Digest

I think the idea of a printed love-hounds digest is good, but I think that
perhaps we have a larger quantity of interesting stuff then people here
suspect. I think that perhaps a good idea would be to compile a monthly "best
of" file containing perhaps a "news" page and then a couple of pages of the
most interesting messages.  One person could compile this, then perhaps
another could send it (or just the first page) to various places.  Then the
rest of us could print it out for any non-access people that we might know.  I
could also perhaps be destributed through The Big Sky or other services.  It
wouldn't have to included interviews (as those will, er... soon will, be
widely available through Cloudbusting / The Garden).  It could include things
like JCB's poetry, Kate's horiscope, and other Kate-related articles that are
not speficially interviews.  Its hard to believe that in a three months period
we wouldn't have nearly as much interesting stuff as appears in the fan mags.
Remeber people pay big money to read this stuff, so its hard to imagine there
wouldn't be any interest. I would offer to make the file, as I make separate
"interesting" messages files anyway, but I am busy with a few other projects.
:-)

        On another note.   I noticed somebody was saying goodbye, due to soon
losing there net access.  I assume that there may be several people like this
so I am posting this publicly.  If you want to get the full disk version of
Cloudbusting wait two months and then send me 5 bucks at the address below.  I
can put in on either IBM 3 inch disks or AMIGA disks.  Or you can get it from
the BIG SKY, if that is better.  I am at

Ronald Hill
550 Oxford Street Apt 639
Chula Vista, CA  91911

1-619-426-8939

Ron "Dallas is over, what a drag" Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com