Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

The routine was performed live at the show.  Kate wanted to perform
an all out dance routine for the song which meant that it would be
impossible to sing it properly.  She completely re-recorded the song
"live" to play as a backing for the dance routine and then during each
show performed the dance routine to the music with no pretense of singing
(i.e. no lip syncing).  Evidently re-recording the music also helped
avoid any hassles with the musician's union.

> 	2.  Is the version of "December Will Be Magic Again" on the 12"
> of "Experiment IV" (US edition) the single version or the album version.  The
> time is about 4:55, give or take a few seconds.

I'm sure it was the single mix.  I think the "It's Christmas" collection
is the only place where the earlier "bongo mix" has appeared on record.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com