Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "This Woman's Work" video

From: mitel!cunews!cognos!jebossom@uunet.UU.NET (John E. Bossom)
Date: 13 Apr 91 20:26:47 GMT
Subject: Re: "This Woman's Work" video
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9104120218.AA14648@das.llnl.gov> ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) writes:
>Anyway, the song comes in at this key moment in the movie:  The
>wife (played by Elizabeth McGovern) has just gone into premature
>labor, and doctors are trying to save her and her baby.  Meanwhile
>the husband (played by Kevin Bacon) watches helplessly.  The song
>is from the husband's point of view as he realizes he can't do
>anything.

Bzzzzzzzzz..... close BUT, it wasn't a premature birth, it was a breach
birth (breach births ran in the family, as her mother pointed
out earlier in the movie).

>... I explained, then insisted that we wait to see the credits so I could
>be sure.  Of course, it WAS Kate.

You mean - GASP - you weren't sure?!?!?  How could a Kate fan not know ;^)?

--
John E. Bossom                                           Cognos Incorporated
Voice: (613) 738-1338 x6113                  O_o         P.O. Box 9707