Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Japanese boxed set: The Whole Story

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 16 Apr 91 10:58:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Japanese boxed set: The Whole Story
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <9104151138.2.23668@cup.portal.com> Larry writes:
>But my God, couldn't the English have at *least* put the rarities lyrics
>in their booklets?  Simply inexcusable.  Finally, I've experience the
>sheer eKsTacy of knowing all of what Kate sings.  Stunning lines such as:
>
>"Who is the funny sex machine?  (KEN)"   Or:
>"It keeps me going and it keeps the ship away."
>"Doo-doo-n-doo-doo-no-doo dow"  (Hey, they couldn't even translate that line)

Perhaps some people don't know what they should be:
funny -> funky
ship -> shit

By the way, I'm dying to see the results of your project Ron. Good
stuff.
As regards Ron's query about British spelling, z's are often substituted
for s's when they get Americanised ;-) There are many other differences
as well but I don't know if there are general rules...
Does anyone know why the Americans had to go and change the spellings in
the first place?

Evan...

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ Are you selling your \