Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@agate.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 91 00:44:46 -0700

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: nehaniv@maypo.berkeley.edu (Chrystopher Lev Nehaniv)
Subject: Re: Discovering KaTe & Others
Sender: nehaniv@math.berkeley.edu (FROBENIUS RECIPROCITY)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 91 07:44:40 GMT

I found "Sat in Your Lap" a constant help when
preparing for my Ph.D. prelims. It captures the
greed for knowledge and the frustation with
the process of attaining it beautifully.

We
are not alone in our little ivory towers.
By the way, I did pass. Thanks KaTe.

Nomination for Best Song; Sat in Your Lap

Best Empathic Song: Running up that Hill

Best ALbum; The Dreaming
  (there was never any question!)

PS- Does any out there have the lyrics to
    Plastique Bertrand's famous "Ca plane pour mois",
     someone once posted an atttempted transcription
     but the French seemed questionable.

   Speaking of attempted transcription, has anyone tried
   to interpret Lyrics of Couteau Twins' songs. My
   favorite is a line I hear as "Why stay in the Fire
   if you can't take the culture."

C.L. Nehaniv  (nehaniv@math.berkeley.edu)  |   " Things fall apart.
Dept. of Mathematics                       |        It's scientific."
UC Berkeley, CA 94720                      |            -D. Byrne