Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and radio id's

From: dbk@tove.cs.umd.edu (Dan Kozak)
Date: 7 Apr 91 16:45:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and radio id's
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mimsy.umd.edu

In article <9104051724.AA07860@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> YOUNG_MI@CTSTATEU.BITNET writes:
>It's really short and they don't play it often, but hey, it's something.
>Sounds like she might have been in the studio doing it because it is very
>high quality.

A local fanzine reported that they asked WHFS about the Kate id and
apparently the EMI folks (this is HOL-era) called and said "Great work
promoting the album, is there anything we can do for you?" and the
'HFS folks said "Yeah, get us a station id" and EMI asked Kate to do
it and sent it to 'HFS a while later.  Presumably she records these in
her home studio in bunches and sends them off.

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov