Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vangelis / Demis Rousoss / Afrodite's Child

From: mxahmad@pacbell.com (Mehdi Ahmadi)
Date: 5 Apr 91 01:00:35 GMT
Subject: Vangelis / Demis Rousoss / Afrodite's Child
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.synth, rec.music.cd, ba.music

    I have a record by Vangelis which I bought over 4 years ago. I can not
    figure out it's name. It is a light brown color. Every written word on
    it are in Greek. The music is just fantastic. There is an opera singer
    who sings on almost all of it's tracks. I like to know what it is
    called.

    Also couple of days ago I found out that my record is broken and the
    first song is impossible to play but the rest are OK. I like to
    replace it. Does any one know if this album is available on CD and how
    I might be able to get a copy of the record or the CD.

    I remember before Vangelis went solo he was playing in a group
    called   " Afrodite's Child " (sp?). I think their first album was "
    666 ". Vangelis was playing the keyboards and Demis Roussos (sp?) was
    vocals and guitar and there was another guy on drums.

    I like to know what is happening to Demis Roussos these days. Last I
    heard of him was in 1987 he had a concert somewhere and produced a
    tape of that concert ( Which I have )( I have about 82 of his solo
    songs and some with Vangelis from Afrodit's Child days ) Does any one
    have A. D. or Demis's discography?

    Any response will be appriciated.