Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jig of Life poem

From: cliff@athena.cs.uga.edu (Cliff Hoffman)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 91 00:08:36 GMT
Subject: Jig of Life poem
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: cliff@athena.cs.uga.edu (Cliff Hoffman)

Here's what I could gather of the poem at the end of "Jig of Life"
Many pardons if this is on the archive somewhere, I haven't had a
chance to go poking around yet.

I put this moment here
			I put this moment here
					I put this moment over here
Over here
Can't you see where memories are kept
tripping underwater like a laughing girl
Time in an eye responding past life
run with the ocean and a woman unfurls
holding all the love that waits for you here
catch us now for I am your future
A kiss on the wind and we'll make the land
come over here to where when lingers
waiting in this empty world
waiting for them when the lights break loose
for now does ride in on the third wave
and you will dance on the sunlit pools
we are of the flowing water and the god (???)
we are water in a holy land of water
and all that's to come runs in
and the first on the strand (???)

It's an interesting poem, and I'll feel silly if happens to be
something that Tennyson or Shakespeare wrote. But
that's life, isn't it?

Favorite album?  	Hounds of Love, at least until I get my hands on
			The Dreaming
Favorite song?	You've got to be kidding. That's like picking your
			favorite nose, err...uh,...like picking your favorite
			course at a banquet. No such doing.

And while I'm on the subject of deciphering KaTe, what is the word
at the end of The Dreaming (the song)?  A gravelly voice says -
Woor-mica-ina?  And what is woomera?

E-mail me if the answers are too uninteresting to be posted.

Gee, if only Athens had a Tower, then I could get Hammersmith, and
then I'd have a reason to buy a VCR.

Cliff (Let there be a tour, please please please) Hoffman
cliff@athena.cs.uga.edu

Cliff "Powderkeg" Hoffman        /|\               Skipper, Reptiles and Samurai
cliff@athena.cs.uga.edu          \|/  A Founding Member of the Lame Physics Club
A quote? Sure!     "And would I be safe from the mountain flowers...Mmmh Yes..."