Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Get Out of My House"

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 91 19:02:46 -0500
Subject: "Get Out of My House"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Drukman writes:

>Jeff Burka:
>Fix the word "rape" in your mind, then go listen to "Get Out Of My House"
>and see if it's any clearer...

Sorry, but I can't agree.

At the very end of the song, the woman turns into a mule, and brays.

There is far from honorable, respectable, whatever.  In fact, it makes
her look pretty silly.  She's standing there, screaming "hee-haw" at
the male character.

Please explain to me why KaTe would make a fool out of a rape victim.
Please explain to me how she could be so callous, so insulting.

I stick by my earlier interpretation.

Jeff
(who's off to New York for the weekend...)

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |