Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate as God and other matters

From: <GREINER@UCLASTRO.BITNET>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 91 11:40 PST
Subject: Kate as God and other matters

I was glad to see the challenge to Kate's Godliness and the fact that the
challenge didn't (at least so far) elicit the flames that I expected.
(Hmmm... this chair is starting to feel warm though,  and *sniff* *sniff*
where is that smoke coming from?)

I think, though, that for the most part this all must have started out as
kind of a joke.  A humourous hyperbole making fun of our own devotion to
this music.  I do think it's gone a little beyond that to the point that
and (even constructive) critisism of KB's work is either ignored or looked
upon as insane ramblings.  However the list does include enough information
(like about the possibility of a tour, and details about the box set) that
I do enjoy reading it anyway.  It's also, of course, nice to know that there
are so many interesting people out there that enjoy Kate's work.

I too, am not all that crazy about Lionheart.  It's a good album, I think, but
not great.  Much of it seems to me to be very much like the _Kick Inside_ stuff
but just not as well written.  In fact, to be honest, it sounds to me like some
of the stuff could have been written for the _Kick Inside_ but just not used
for that album because she had too many songs to fit on one album.  Does anyone
know if there's any truth to this?

Whoops running late, have to go....

                                                        Wade