Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Japan, cassette, etc.

From: ASDURBIN@AMHERST.BITNET
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 15:57 EST
Subject: Japan, cassette, etc.

From: asdurbin@amherst.bitnet (Andrew Durbin, Amherst College, MA)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 27 Mar 91 15:57:13 GMT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

        Well, this year Meredith's the official Love-Hound study-
abroad student over in Germany.  Next year I'm going to be studying
in Japan, for the entire academic year 1991-92, which will (I hope)
allow me to check out the state of Her KaTeness in a different part
of the world.  So, what should I be keeping my eye out for while I'm
there?  The fan club stuff, laserdiscs, what?  Unfortunately, net
access looks doubtful, but I'm not positive about that yet.

        On an entirely different note, I picked up a copy of a KaTe
cassette, released by EMI-America and untitled but for a description
as a "Mini 4-LP".  On both sides it has the following:

                Sat in Your Lap
                James and the Cold Gun (Live)
                Babooshka
                Suspended in Gaffa
                Un Baiser D'Enfant

I've only seen it this once, and it seems like a strange little collection
of songs.  Is this a common piece of merchandise?  On the front is the
picture from the front of _The Single File_ video.

--
Andrew Durbin
Amherst College