Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

my kate story. . .

From: "Heath (703)552-3177" <HART@vtmath.math.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1991 14:31 EST
Subject: my kate story. . .

Okay, here's my indoctrination story. . .

Around 1983/84 Greenpeace came out with a compliation album which had
"Breathing" on it.  "Breathing" quickly became one of my favorite songs
on the album, and I wanted to hear more.  (I had never heard *anything*
like that on the radio, and there was no MTV where I lived.)

So, I bought Never For Ever.  I was overwhelmed by the album.  (I know
that sentiment shows up on this list a lot, so let me add as well, that
I am easily overwhelmed.  But I was OVERWHELMED by this album.  [By the
way, does anyone know anyone who was actually "whelmed" the right amount
by anything?])

So I snarfed up "The Kick Inside" and "On Stage".  A little while later,
I got "Lionheart" (okay, side one doesn't do too much for me, but I
really like side two.)

The rest is history.  I'm almost embarrassed by how taken I am by her;
I bought the marble HoL album, and the Single File, and This Woman's Work,
and I'm still driving a '78 Ford LTD Klunker.

One has to have priorities.

My nomination for Favorite Kate Album:  whichever one's currently playing.
Favorite Kate Song: Suspended in Gaffa
Close Second: This Woman's Work
Song I would have most liked to see a video for, but didn't: Jig of Life
Who I'd really like to see Kate duet with:  Aaron Neville or Prince
Favorite "Love-Hounds" one-liner this year:
    "Kate is 18" tall.  Don't be fooled by pictures."

-_Heath_-