Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: nitehawk@cca.ucsf.EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 01:21:52 -0800

To: ucsfcca!ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU!rec-music-gaffa
From: nitehawk@wet.UUCP (Alex Gibbs)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Bush, Gabriel, Gilmour... WOW!
Date: 21 Mar 91 08:37:22 GMT

	Having read r.m.g for a bit now, and since I have a couple questions,
I figure it is time to send something in and say HI to everyone.

	I first became aware of Kate in 86 when I heard "Running Up That Hill"
on the radio.  Soon after I heard _So_ and "Don't Give Up" from Peter Gabriel.
I was amazed when I discovered that it really WAS the same female singer and
immediately bought "The Whole Story", which was the 1st KT CD I found.  Soon
after I had all her CDs.  I was rendered speachless when I found out that David
Gilmour gave her a hand, since I admire his work greatly.  I don't have to tell
YOU how great Kate's music is, so I won't. :)  I would REALLY REALLY love to
see her perform, but I'd be happy if she just kept on making music.

	Does anyone know if Kate has read this conference or heard about it?
(I can't decide if her reading it would be good or not...)
	Another question was just answered... about the FTP site password.
I'll have to go try it now. :)
	I remember seeing this discussed but don't remember the actual
discussion... How can you tell if your box set (I got one! Yay!) has any "Fame"
release CDs?  I suppose they would say "Fame" on them, in which case I am safe.
/phew
	E-mail is always welcome.  Thanks for reading through my first post
to net news and... Hello.
						Alex Gibbs, Nighthawk