Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bizarre KaTe Stories

From: houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Gerald Hough)
Date: 11 Mar 91 18:03:06 GMT
Subject: Bizarre KaTe Stories
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

To all,

I was on this term and realized that I've got a few of really bizarre
little stories regarding KaTe that I thought I'd share them... maybe
we all have these little oddities that are strange.  Anyway, here I
go...

----------ROTC uses KaTe song on cadences tape!!!!!!--------------

A friend of mine is a ROTC, and he lived down the hall from me in
the dorm here.  I (as usual) was playing KaTe's music on a bright
Saturday morning, with the door open to catch a breeze- it was just
turning fall, but still warm.  He was passing by on his way out for
his morning jog, and I was playing my Hounds CD.  He came in to chat
for a bit, and at the time- Cloudbusting was playing, and he commented
that it had a great beat to it-  almost like a military cadence...
He got so attached to the song that eventually he asked me if he could
record it at the end of his tape, so I put the Organon mix since it
was my favorite mix, and to this day is his favorite song on the tape!

-----------Around the world in Katey days------------------------

I'm currently saving up money to travel around the world next summer,
or during christmas if I come into a lot of money somehow.  What I'd
like to do is visit as much people who listen to Kate...Because I
won't have that much money extra, It'd be cheaper (and nicer) if I
could stay as a guest with someone rather than going the Bed@Breakfast
route.  I plan to definitely visit Japan, the British Isles, France,
Finland, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Italy and Greece, Plus Russia would
be cool.... Of course, if the tour does materialize, I may choose not
to leave home until I see the concert!!  ;^)  Or maybe I'll shorten
the trip to 12 days of KateMas!!  (Does anyone know of a cheap way
to get to England?  I'd like to fly, but I don't want to spend $500)

------------Kate Immortalized on cover of comic book------------

I just picked up two issues of this comic from a year or so ago called
Media Starr.  Ish's 2 & 3 used the covers of The Whole Story and The
Dreaming, and the only change in the pictures of Kate that I can tell
is that on the reproduction of The Dreaming, the artist left out the
key in Kate's mouth...  Don't know if these have any collector's value,
since I got them for $0.50 a piece....
 [Oh, the comic wasn't that bad, either, but had nothing to do with K]

-------------Army Dreamers banned in UK, but not Cure.  Why?---

As we all know, AD was a nono on BBC, but for some reason, the Cure's
song KILLING AN ARAB didn't get on the blacklist.  Maybe that's on the
Play-as-much-as-possible list?  Strange...

Well, that's enough madness for one Posting.  I'd better get off, before
I get axed for bandwidth or such...  If anyone has comments on the above
feel free to drop me a line...

Gooch.   (%^)

ps- Does anyone have a alaska-archive-manual-for-access-for-complete-
knuckleheads?  I'd appreciate one if there is...

|   Gerald E. Hough II             |Collect:KateBushSistersOfMercyCure|
|   houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu   |Like:ClannadFraceGallBerlinDigital|
|   Purdue University Physics Lib. |UndergroundLedZepJourneyBauhausNWA|
|       -     -    -    -          |NikKershawELO10000ManiacsREMEnigma|
| "Have a cola de mono on me..."   |JeanMichelJarreVangelesJamesHorner|