Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Point of View - peter gabriel

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 91 18:50:02 GMT
Subject: Point of View - peter gabriel
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

Hi,

This has been out for a while in Europe, but apparently got just released
in the US. As soon as I read the post about it I ran and bought it.
It is wonderful. It was filmed in Athens, Greece back in 1987 (about two
months after I came to the US...) at the Lycabettus theater in Athens.
This amphitheater is on a hill that overlooks Athens and several concerts
in the summer take place there. I have seen Van Morrison and Mike Oldfield
there and it was incredible. PG gave six (6) concerts there of which the three
were free and were essentially rehearsals for the filming of the video.
I had given up hope about this ever being released, but now I know it was
worth the wait.

The songs featured are:

This is the Picture, San Jacinto, Shock the Monkey, Games witout Frontiers
(in an incredible versioN!) No self control, Mercy Street, Sledgehammer,
Solsbury HIll, Lay your hands, Don't Give up, In your Eyes, Biko.

It runs for about 85 minutes, and at $19.98 (at Strawberries) it's well
worth buying.

Angelos
PS. 'Tame Yourself' is out. it has some excellent songs by Lene Lovich,
Fetching Bones, Pretenders,etc. It is a little bit radical about Animal
Rights but the music is pretty good.

| e-mail to:                      |I LIKE MUSIC BY 10,000 Maniacs, Cure, U2,  |
| kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu         |Lene Lovich, Kate  Bush, Laurie Anderson,  |
|=================================|David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Tribe, O+,|
|Hey,been trying to meet you,hey, |Sinead O Connor, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed,  |
|mustbeadevilbetweenusorwhoresinmy|Sting,Cavedogs,They eat their own, R.E.M,  |
|headbut,hey,wherehaveyoubeen? If |Think tree, Sonic Youth, Brian Eno, Queen, |
|yougoiwillsurelydie.We're chained|Eurythmics, Prince, Indigo  Girls, Pixies  |
|     HEY - THE PIXIES            |Violent Femmes, Positive Noise, Pretenders |