Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New PETER GABRIEL concert video, Point of View

From: MOONLIT KNIGHT <JDLISS@AMHERST.BITNET>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 91 14:38 EST
Subject: New PETER GABRIEL concert video, Point of View

From: jdliss@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.music.gaffa,rec.music.video
Date: 8 Mar 91 14:38:27 GMT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

All Gabriel fans should report for surgery to expand the skull to make room for
the brain's sudden growth upon seeing the new video, _Point of View_.

It's basically a concert video, sometimes intercut and or partially overlaid by
either thematically relevant film or behind-the-scenes type stuff.  The spirit
of the performance isn't obscured though (as in Yes' 9012live, which i think
is pretty heinous).  The show is from the So tour (I think) in Athens. The
whole thing is really beautiful -- contrary to my fears, PG is only getter to
be a better performer as he gets older.  He has some very specific ways of
trying to capture moods which I admire alot.  Some very wild things happen with
the lights, though I won't commit any "spoilers".

The players: Manu Katche (drums), Tony Levin (bass and stick), David Rhodes
(guitar), and David Sancious (keyboards).  The songs are: This is the Picture
(intro), San Jacinto, Shock the Monkey, Games Without Frontiers, No Self
Control, Mercy Street, Sledgehammer, Solsbury Hill, Lay Your Hands on Me, Don't
Give Up, In Your Eyes, Biko.  It's 85 minutes long.

Defintely worth buying -- don't pay more than $20 ... I got mine for $16.50.
Anyone wishing to talk more about it can send me mail.

Jeff (jdliss@amherst)

PS - There's something wrong with my system, because the last post on my screen
is 5 March...?
PPS - Kate fans, yes PG can sing Kate's part in Don't Give Up.