Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Argh! Despite TV Times listing, no Kate on SNL

From: John Halleck <NAHAJ@CC.UTAH.EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 19:36 MST
Subject: Argh! Despite TV Times listing, no Kate on SNL

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward Suranyi)
Date: 27 Feb 91 21:27:14 GMT

Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

Last night, I noticed the following TV Times listing for
11:00 pm on channel 20, an independent station in San Francisco:

The Best of Saturday Night Live: Eric Idle; Kate Bush

Now I know that when repeats of this show are broadcast, the Kate
parts are usually cut out.  But I figured that since they mentioned
her in the listing, this time they'd leave her in.  No such luck!

Well, at least I now have a very good copy of the ending credits for
that show, with Kate on stage with the Not Ready For Prime Time Players.
Jane Curtin and Larraine Newman give Kate hugs, and Eric Idle gives her a
kiss.

This is so frustrating!

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor