Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When you wish upon a star...

From: Chris Williams <katefans@chinet.chi.il.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 91 00:00 CST
Subject: When you wish upon a star...

Chris here,

    A co-worker of Vickie's handed the following to Vickie today.

    Amy DeFalco of Hoffman Estates, Illinois asks for another intriging
British singer and provides data for her: Kate Bush, who was born on July
30th, 1958, with Aries rising. We've mentioned Kate briefly in a previous
column in connection with Peter Gabriel (February 13, 1950), because together
they did one of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen, _Don't Give Up_.
Amy asked for a chart comparison between the two.
    Kate's chart is a fascinating mixture of tough and tender, starry and
down to earth. Her Leo Sun conjunct Uranus is probably located in her Fifth
House (I don't have the time of her birth, just the Ascendent). The Fifth
rules loves and childern, but also show business, so she'll have an unusual
(Uranus) show business (Leo) career. An elevated Aquarius Moon means not only
a curious, adventurous outlook and a need for independence, but eventual
American success, since our natal Moon is also in Aquarius. Setting the seal
on that possibility is her Cancer Venus (love), in the sign of America's Sun,
Mercury, Venus and Jupiter. She may even like it here so much that she'll
live here a while or have a second home here. Mercury conjunct Pluto (depth)
in serious Virgo means that her music is adult and she takes it with the
utmost seriousness. But Pluto takes a long time to build, so her major
success will not come quickly. Yet since Pluto is also permanence, she won't
be a flash in the pan either. Unlike many performers she has both the style
(Leo Sun-Uranus) and the substance (Virgo Mercury-Pluto).
    She also has five fixed, stubborn planets that definitely form a T-square
and, depending on the degree of the Moon, may even form a Grand Cross. These
are difficult aspects indicating frustration, delays and obstacles. But fixed
sign people not only do things slowly, they do them in their own way. When
she hits it big she'll have done it without compromise and thus without
regret.

    If you're into collecting Kate magazine mentions, we'd advise you to
don your Heavy People hat'n'trenchcoat, dark glasses would be in order,
and you might want to think about a fake mustache to go get the magazine
"in question."

   The magazine is the April issue of "ASTROLOGY - Your Daily Horoscope"
available at fine supermarket check-outs from coast to coast. The above is
on page 46, in the "Star Cycle for Celebrities in the News" section.
   This must rank as one of the least likely places Kate has been mentioned,
almost on a par with the very nice bit in the semi-sleezy "men's magazine"
"Genesis".

   Note: Neither Vickie or myself believe in astrology. We offer the above
in the sprit of fun. If you believe in it, fine. We find it hilarious.

BTW, we don't know Amy DeFalco.
There's a bit more comparing Kate and Peter Gabriel.

                            Chris Williams of
                                Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                    katefans@chinet.chi.il

% Kate:  I think that you can only be mysterious for so long before     %
%        people get to know you, and really, I'm not strange at all.    %
%        I'm just....well you know what I mean, don't you?              %