Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Deep Ear

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 91 13:02:30 CST
Subject: Deep Ear
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

Well, Chris, if you're information is accurate, that's great.
I saw the Indigo Girls at the Chicago Theatre and it was just too big for them
since they had no stage show *at all*... BUT it would be excellent
for Kate since she'll probably need a big stage.  Plus, the acoustics are
phenomenal and there are plenty-o-seats.  I WILL NOT however, permit Kate
to play at either the Riviera or the Arragon.  If she chooses either of
these, Katefans of chicago will have to join me in burning them down before
the show.

I was priviledged (lucky?) to have phenomenal seats the ISO/BOBS show
this past Sat. night.  If you can, you must catch this combo show.
ISO is a <superlative> dance troup somewhat reminiscent of MoMix (but
I think better) and the BOBs are a <superlative> vocal group.  Unfortunately,
Gunnar Bob is not touring with them now, but Joe Bob is a fine replacement.
The dancing was innovative, arresting, brilliant and if you never
thought people could dance to accapella music before, revise your conception
of reality---these guys pull it off.  Among other numbers sans Bobs, they
danced to I Scare Myself (Dolby), a song I never thought I'd see dancing
to, and a couple of Bulgarian Chorus numbers (likewise).
I simply cannot say enough about this show... it was certainly one
of the best concerts I have ever seen (but gosh that Dead Can Dance
show was good too).  Anyways, seek these performers out, you will
not be disappointed, even if you don't particularly care for dance
or singing (argh).

Over and out.

-mjm (mike mendelson)