Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Michelle Shocked

From: NEWSMGR@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 1991 03:40 CST
Subject: Michelle Shocked

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: NEWSMGR@vaxb.acs.unt.EDU
Date: 22 Feb 91 06:37:00 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: GREINER@UCLASTRO.BITNET
Date: 22 Feb 91 04:04:00 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

Someone asked about the 11th song on Short Sharp Shocked (it is not listed
anywhere on the album or packaging).  I don't know why it wasn't listed but
Michelle was joined on that track by punk rock group M.D.C.  The name of the
song is "Fogtown."  It is also on her first album "the Texas Camfire Tapes,"
an album of acoustic songs sung into a sony walkman.  Strangely enough her
next album "Capt. Swing" had an 11th unlisted song as well called (I think)
Russian Roulette.  This song doesn't seem unusual in any way (it's not a punk
version or anything like that) so why it's not listed is an even more complete
mystery to me.

                                                Wade