Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another conversation with Mark Hamilton

From: NEWSMGR@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 1991 00:33 CST
Subject: Another conversation with Mark Hamilton

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: NEWSMGR@vaxb.acs.unt.EDU
Date: 22 Feb 91 04:39:00 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward Suranyi)
Date: 22 Feb 91 01:40:08 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

Today I turned on the radio just in time to hear Mark Hamilton
(the KITS DJ) say, "Today on the UK Cafe I'm going to be playing
blah, a Kate Bush flashback, and I'll start off with blah."  So
I set up my tape deck just in case he said anything interesting.
The song he played was "Breathing", and then he said the usual about
Kate's next album and possible tour.  I think he got it from NME.  I
called him up afterwards.
     "Thanks for playing 'Breathing'," I said.  "That's one of my
favorite songs, and I've never heard 'Live-105' play it before."
     "Oh, I'm a BIG Kate Bush fan," he said.
     "Really?"  (Actually, I already knew this, but it's always
great to hear again.)
     "Yeah.  Do you have the box set?"
     "Yeah, I do.  I heard your UK Cafe special on it a few months ago."
     "Isn't it great?"
     "Yeah," I agreed.  "By the way, did you know that the Live at
Hammersmith videotape has just been re-released in this country, after
having been out of print for several years?"
     "No, I didn't!  I don't have that.  I'm definitely going to have
to try to find a copy!"
     "It's pretty easy to find around here.  Every Tower Records store
has it, for example."
     "Oh really?  Thanks very much for the info!"
     "Thank *you* for playing that song!"
     "Well, I'll continue to play her," he said.

All in all, a very nice conversation.

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor