Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Imports and stuff...

From: rabin@dorsai.com (Robert Marks)
Date: 21 Feb 91 00:08:56 GMT
Subject: Imports and stuff...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    I thought I'd take this opportunity to mention the high
quality of the Japanese-produced CDs of the Yes solo albums.
The prices of these are, naturally, formidable, but well worth it
when one considers a) the permanence of this medium, b) the
fact that most of these albums have been discontinued on
vinyl/cassette, and c) the outstanding sound quality which
the Japanese technicians managed to produce. Having listened
to these albums for a dozen years or so on vinyl and cassette,
I now hear things on the CDs which I never heard before. The
severely under-rated (in my opinion) Yes album Tormato is
another one of these Japanese imports, though I haven't picked
it up yet.
    Finally, I wanted to know if the people at Homeground
in the U.K. have an E-mail address. Does anyone know? I recently
wrote to them regarding a subscription to the magazine, and
mentioned to them that they could E-mail me if they had the
technology.
    Bye for now...