Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Leaving My Tracks

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 14:48:59 EST
Subject: Leaving My Tracks
Sender: nessus@media-lab.media.mit.edu

> i called the best bookstore i know of and asked them to look up _Leaving
> My Tracks_ in their database and in _Books In Print_;  they checked by
> title, author, and isbn number.  nada.  the next step would be to find a
> _Books In Print_ for 1982, i suppose.  anyone know if libraries keep these
> things?  i guess it's time for a trip downtown...

> footah!
> -greg -- gb10@gte.com

Don't bother.  The book is not in print, nor has it ever been.  I'd
actually be surprised if it ever existed in any form, other than some
handwritten pages by Kate, but this review of it is interesting.  The
only two reasonable hypotheses are: (1) Kate did finish it to some
degree, some demo copies were printed and given to some people to mull
over, and then Kate and/or the publishing company decided they didn't
like it and cancelled its publication. (2) The publishing company paid
off some critics to give it a good review before it ever even existed
in expectation of its imminent delivery from Kate, who never actually
delivered it.

|>oug

Y is for YOU, who all overdosed

P.S.  Those of you who think Kate is going to tour have very short
memories and are setting yourself up for disappointment.  Kate keeps
saying a tour is planned for sometime in the next few years, but it
never happens.  In fact, the claim of a tour within the next two years
was made at the previous KBC Convention, which was in 1985.

Those of you who think there will be a new album anytime soon, also
have very short memories.  In past times, the "new album" was
constantly six months off.  There will not be a new album until fall
of '92 at the very earliest, and maybe not until fall of '93.

I'm sorry to the bearer realism.