Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Music with movie theme

From: tlhouns@pacbell.com (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 20 Feb 91 02:27:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Music with movie theme
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9102191812.AA15283@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> lcliffor@CC7.BBN.COM (Laura Clifford) writes:
->
->Hi - hoping someone out there can help me.  My husband and I are going
->to coproduct/host a local movie review program on cable TV.  We'd like
->some music that deals with movies in the lyrics to run over our opening/
->closing pieces.  We've already rejected Steely Dan's 'Everyone's going to
->the movies' and Elton John's "I've seen that movie too" and want to
->avoid real cornball stuff like "There's No Business..."
->
->Any ideas out there?

How about an excerpt from Pink Floyd's "Yet Another Movie" from their album
A Momentart Lapse of Reason?  That would sure be different!  I wonder how
many people would get it?

Lee