Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

steppin' out in a page...

From: David 'n' Kim <GRAVENDE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 13:48:20 EST
Subject: steppin' out in a page...

To any & all lovehounds:

Hello and glad to meet ya! This is our introductory message into LH--though
we've been KaTe fans for a couple three years, it's only been in the past
few weeks that we've been able to access this VERY COOL network. ('it all goes
slo-mo' :)  as the Presence herself might say). So, after seeing just how LH
operates [which is to say, seeing what's on it though hardly understanding the
machinations involved in making it all--i'm afraid we're not what you might
call 'computer whizzes' .... but we do our best... :) ], anyway, after getting
acquainted on the reading side, we thought it time now to activate our
membership. So here we are. And ready to exchange the experience :)

First things first, though; some personal facts. My name is David Gravender, &
my Kate-capading partner's is Kim Richardson. I'm currently living in Toronto,
Canada, working on an M.A. in English Lit at the University of Toronto, al-
though Seattle is where i'm from; Kim resides in Seattle and is attending med
school at the U. of WA. there.  We first got hooked via The Whole Story in
1988 (so chronologically speaking, we're a bit late from the gate) and The
Dreaming (which is our especial favourite), AND became completely BUSH-WHACKED
when we saw Kate's performance in the Hammersmith Video & her other vids (but
particularly the former)--it was all uphill (as in 'running up the...') from
there! Since then, we've become Kate collectors, and in January of last year
we threw a Bush-bash at my place in Seattle to celebrate The Sensual World &
to connect with other Kate-fans in the immediate vicinity (like the KBC in
Bellingham WA which we'd only discovered the existence of a few months earlier,
much to our surprise & delight). ANYWAY, what we both were wishing for ever
since day one (or at least from the day we saw the Hammersmith vid) was to see
the Fabulous Kate in a live performance. So whenever we'd be out Kate-capading
[our term for checking out record stores & the like fo Kate-stuff :) -- we
capaded from Vancouver BC to Portland OR leaving no stone unturned...]  we'd
always check the mags for such info. After it became apparent that a tour then
seemed about as possible as meeting her (meaning, next to impossible) (meaning
'never for ever'), we set our hopes on the next best thing--a new album. So we
(like every other KaTe fan i'm sure) waited waited waited ['we're wai-ting' :)]
until FINALLY, just when we thought she must've fallen off the face of the
earth, The Sensual World arrived. All of which is by way of letting you know
how THRILLED STUNNED AMAZED (WOW WOW WOW UNBELIEVABLE) we were when we found
out the INCREDIBLE news that Kate is going to tour again at the end of the
year (or whatever it'll be) AND that she'll have a new album out THIS year
(maybe this May, did i read?)--we'd kinda let our fanship cool a bit recently,
but this news has stoked the old fires with a (happy) vengeance! :)  So now
we're keen to make contacts with other Kate fans anywhere--though particularly
in Toronto & Seattle for person-to-person, face-to-face confabulations--and
to learn all there's to learn about the TOUR (& album) cuz we don't intend
to miss out on the experience this time, no way, no how--who knows when she'll
perform again!

So what we'd like is to hear from anyone in either of our general vicinities
who'd like to exchange the experience with us--and maybe give us each a better
clue on how to make better use of Lovehounds [like how to get into the archives
or explain what a GIF is or... etc etc]. To contact us, you can use the
following e-mail addresses (or LH, 'course...):

  --for David, send to: gravende@vm.epas.utoronto.ca
  --for Kim, send to:  dreaming@max.u.washington.edu

But if you don't happen to be near either of us, but would like to hook up
anyway, FEEL FREE & ENCOURAGED so to do!!  The more the merrier!

So that's our intro--we 'wait at the table'  for your jingle-jangle! :)
          |.       /            /  |  |
          |      /            /   |  |

'somewhere a door is opening...'