Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another KaTefan joins the fray...

From: whisnant@iastate.edu (Whisnant Kerry Lewis)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 1991 21:30:37 GMT
Subject: Another KaTefan joins the fray...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.iastate.edu (USENET News System)

After reading r.m.g for three months, I guess it's time to post something.
I've been a Kate Bush fan since 1984. BTW, the first song I heard was
"Pull Out The Pin" (what an introduction!). Some random thoughts:

1. I enjoyed reading about your adventures (and misadventures) at the
   convention, and am looking forward to hearing about the new album and tour.

2. I recently bought the CD box set for $150. A local store had ordered it for
   someone (for $170), but the person never showed up to claim it. I
   got a $20 discount for taking it off their hands.

3. I also bought "A Chaos of Desire" by Black Tape For A Blue Girl after
   reading about it here. Overall, a great recommendation! (I begin to have
   some doubts when oscar has lead vocals, though.)

4. While attending a physics colloquim, I found "Kate Bush" scratched into the
   wooden lap-desk at the seat next to mine.

5. Back in the mid-80's there was a magazine called Break-Through, edited
   by someone in Canada, which was sort of a North American Kate Bush fanzine
   (articles on Kate, reprints of interviews, analyses of her music, etc.)
   It was published somewhat sporadically. I still have the first 8 or 9
   issues stashed away somewhere. I moved and let my subscription expire in
   early 1986. Does anybody out there remember this magazine? What happened
   to it? I believe there were several hundred subscribers.
--
E-mail to: whisnant@iastate.edu