Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more female singers

From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 00:01:51 EST
Subject: more female singers
Comments: Validated

Female singers?
Here are some of my favorites:
Kristin Hersh (and Tanya Donnelly) of Throwing Muses
Vanessa Briscoe-Hay of Pylon
Suzanne Vega, Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies,
Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins, Lisa Gerrard of Dead Can Dance,
Natalie Merchant of 10,000 Maniacs, Ann Magnuson of Bongwater,
Syd Straw of Golden Palominos, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth,
Bjork of Sugarcubes, Miki Berenyi of Lush,
Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson of the B-52's,
Kim Deal of Pixies (and the Breeders),
and Laurie Anderson...

my three definite favorites are Elizabeth Fraser, Laurie Anderson, and (of
course) our Kate.
but, I recommend any of the above singers...

"I haven't seen you in three weeks...
 'three weeks?  it's been five years!  FIVE F*CKING YEARS!'"--Bongwater

Slender Fungus