Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys

From: "ICON" <newsmgr@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu>
Date: 4 Feb 91 19:11:00 EDT
Subject: Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: 6600kevc@UCSBUXA.UCSB.EDU (Kevin Carhart)
Date: 4 Feb 91 20:25:36 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

In article <43687@ut-emx.uucp> amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.EDU (Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik) writes:
>In article <9102022021.AA17241@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward
>Suranyi) writes:
>>For her usual bizarre reasons, Sinead O'Connor has decided not to
>>appear at the Grammy Awards.  She has also said that she will not
>>accept any of the awards she is given.

I think it was something like superficial values in
the music business.  She probably isn't talking
about the superficiality in the songs themselves,
but I'm sure they are sustained by superficial
executives (e.g. $$$$), and if she is crusading
against charts that keep out the likes of Kate Bush
in favor of Madonna, more power to her.