Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys

From: "ICON" <newsmgr@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu>
Date: 4 Feb 91 16:06:00 EDT
Subject: Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.EDU (Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik)
Date: 4 Feb 91 18:12:35 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@ims.alaska.edu

In article <9102022021.AA17241@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward
Suranyi) writes:
>For her usual bizarre reasons, Sinead O'Connor has decided not to
>appear at the Grammy Awards.  She has also said that she will not
>accept any of the awards she is given.

Well, at least this (saying from the start that you're not going to
show up or accept anything given) is an improvement over showing up at
a concert, singing four songs, leaving the stage without notice and
then letting the audience be informed that you have left your own show
-- and never making up the date.

People in Austin probably wouldn't come back now even if she promised
to sing the national anthem.

>The Question:  What does this do to Kate's chances?

Unfortunately, probably not much.  And, much as I would *love* to see
Kate get a Grammy, I'm not sure that getting one in a category created
just because the Grammy people were weenies and didn't want to put
Sinead O'Connor in the existing categories would be the best thing.

Ed, this is not a flame at you, just at the (to me) obnoxious
situation in general.  Grumble grumble grumble.

>Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
>ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
>(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor
                          Very, very true, Sinead.  Watch and learn.
--
"The whims that we're weeping for our parents would be beaten for."--Kate Bush