Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eclectic Music Survey #5 REPOST

From: GGTZEUTSCHLE%AMHERST.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 91 14:28 EST
Subject: Eclectic Music Survey #5 REPOST

A few more additions to your c's
cowboy junkies                    Cowboy Junkies
Definitely get*The Trinity Sessions* though Caution Horses is good too ...
Some of the most country music I've ever liked, with some awesome Neil Young
covers thrown in for good measure.

charlatansuk                      Charlatans UK
All I have is the CD5 of the Only one I know, but I would recommend the entire
*Some Friendly* album ... as our Music Director at WAMH (campus radio) put it
... "great organ funk pop from Manchester (where the fuck else?)"  They sound
a bit too much like the Stone Roses, but they are, nevertheless, continuing
proof of just how hip the manchester scene is.

Greg
ggtzeutschle@amherst.bitnet