Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Farewell to Pseudo-moderators

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 91 19:19:22 EST
Subject: A Farewell to Pseudo-moderators
Sender: nessus@media-lab.media.mit.edu

Hi there KB fans around the world!  I, your humble pseudo-moderator,
am taking a higher paying job in "Industry" and will be moving out of
my comfy office at MIT into a ubiquitous cubicle at Hitachi Computer
Products in Waltham, MA.  Unfortunately, I will not be as
well-connected to the Internet at Hitachi, and, therefore, I will not
be able to continue as the pseudo-moderator of Love-Hounds and
rec.music.gaffa, though I will be able to continue membership as a
normal subscriber.

Fortunately, there is a volunteer, who is willing and eager to take
over.  He will probably be able to provide a much higher level of
service than I have been able to do for the last year or so, so I hope
you will all give a big round of applause for you new humble
puseudo-moderator, Bill Wisner (wisner@ims.alaska.edu), who will be
running the mailing list and newsgroup all the way from sunny,
tropical Alaska.

I will be tranfering pseudo-moderatorship to him in a few days.  If
you have been sending submissions or mail to
"love-hounds@gaffa.mit.edu", please do not do so any longer.
"Gaffa.mit.edu" will be going away, and it has never been the official
address.  The offical address for posting has always been, and will
remain "love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu".  The address for requests will
remain "love-hounds-request@eddie.mit.edu".  It has been a fun five
years, and I hope the mailing list and newsgroup will continue for
another 500.

Your humble almost-ex-pseudo-moderator,

|>oug

"I hate to leave you..."