Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

If you could see me fly

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 91 08:58:28 CST
Subject: If you could see me fly

I believe that (if you could see me fly) is the title of the bootleg
disk of Kate demos.  I spotted it in Chicago for $40, which seemed high.
What is the going rate for these things?  I also noticed it had some
incorrect info on the listing of tracks, like a purported :30 Babooshka.
Is there such a thing?  There were 2 Babooshkas on there (the guy at the
store let me listen to the disk and I scanned a bit of each song),
one with strange drum-machine noises in the BG.  There were also
a few other tracks which I had not yet heard, but the overall sound
quality was really not much better than you know what.  Still, it'd
be nice to have it on disk.  For laughs, I offered the guys there
$20.  But I was able to tell them that Kate might be touring.
They hadn't heard this yet.  And when they said "hey there's this
box set here" and I said "yeah, already got a copy" they seemed relatively
incredulous.  It's fun to know more about something than people who
think they know more about it than you do...

-mjm