Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: yikes!

From: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.mit.edu
Date: 3 Jan 91 03:15:32 GMT
Subject: Re: yikes!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)

>From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
>
>Her name is Bjork - with an umlaut(sp?) over the o. She started Bad Taste
>with about 10 other people in the speing of '86. She has made a solo record
>- '77, some stuff with the excellent band Tappi Tikarrass - '80-83?, 2
>records with KUKL!!!!!! and 2 records with the Sugarcubes who are infinitely
>better than any of the new bands - IMO. I don't see Bless getting the front
>cover of EVERY british music mag...

well, Bless is kinda raw and mostly recycled sounds but so are a lot of other
things out there, i just like it. KUKL is the band i am mostly interested in
although i've heard that Theyr (sorry bout the misspellings) is pretty good
too.

>Theal? I you must mean Theyr. They broke up in '82?

i dunno except that Theyr was >before< Kukl.

a lot of the Icelandic music is really good... i mean, it's cold. it's boring
and icolated. what else can you do? 2;^)

hasta. --d

--
Yes.  Beautiful, wonderful nature.  Hear it sing to us: *snap*  Yes.  natURE.