Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: bounce bounce bounce bounce

From: dartvax!batcomputer!riley@uunet.UU.NET (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 90 23:34:52 GMT
Subject: Re: bounce bounce bounce bounce
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9012271459.AA05077@bunny.gte.com> gb10@gte.com (footah!) scrawls:
>hey, this is better than skipping stones:  let's see how many times we can
>make this message bounce!  (BTW, where *is* BUFFA::HALL, and why are they
>messing on us?  this net stuff still leaves me a bit baffled...)

If I read the signs right, buffa:: is a node somewhere on DEC's internal
DECNET network.  The giveaway is the "enet.dec.com" addresses, and the
main bounce from DECWRL:: (DEC Western Research Labs' most visible machine).

Anyone else noticed that *every* *single* major gaffa screwup in the
last 6 months was caused by a VAX running VMS?  Somedays I think Sirius
Cybernetics was inspired by VMS--its fundamental design flaws are
completely obscured by its superficial design flaws, to paraphrase Mr.
Adams.

Share and enjoy.

-dan (riley@theory.tn.cornell.edu)
who's feeling particularly down on VMS today...