Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Box set report

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <AGOUGH%FAB6@sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 90 11:47 PST
Subject: Box set report

>Date: Mon, 17 Dec 90 23:11:41 -0500
>From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
>Subject: This Woman's Words
>
>I still don't have a boxed set myself  ;-<  Is the person who was
>selling them for $100 US still in the market?  (Sadly, the cheap
>Canadian mail order places I've tried are all out..)  Is the survey on
>prices done yet?  Am I desperate? (yep.)  Am I going to pay $200 at a
>local store (nope.)

I was just able to acquire the box set locally in Phoenix for $141.14.
However, I doubt you can get the deal I got.  You see, I had been calling
up this local record store once a week for six weeks to see if they had any
news on the box set.  Late last week the manager stumbled across a source
of CD box sets for $125.99.  She said she'd sell it to me at cost since I'd
been so patient.  So I got it for $125.99 + shipping + 6.5% sales tax.

She obtained it from an importer in L.A. (Phantasy? Phantasm? Fantasy?) that
had 30 of them (but now only has 29 :-) ).

Just cued it up last night.  The two things that immediately struck me about
the box set are two photos that appear.  One is a color print of "The Dreaming"
cover--quite shocking to see those leaves behind her head green!  The other
is a color photo from the "Ninth Wave" photo session with Kate in a life
jacket floating in the water.  It's not the same photo that appears on the
album, but obviously another one taken at the same time.

-andy