Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

USA tour confirmation (sorta) & misc.

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 05:46:13 -0500
Subject: USA tour confirmation (sorta) & misc.

Vickie here. I am but a lowly receptionist. Answer phones, take messages,
little bitta filing, little bitta sorting, such like that. The thing
that makes it a really cool job is the company I work for. Stirling
Ventures owns Rose Records, the largest privately-owned record store
chain in Chicago. Rose has 29 stores in Chicagoland, plus Champaign, IL,
& Madison, WI. Because I work at the main office and warehouse, NO ONE
comes or calls in or out without passing by/through yours truly.
That means I'm in a great position to meet a lot of record company
people. The reps all know me by name now and, though I haven't told any
of them about my radio shows (I don't want to risk my job for personal
favors), I've developed pretty good relations with some of them.
Anyway, the CBS rep comes in regularly and I'd never asked her anything
about Kate until last week. I mentioned to her that I'd heard a rumor
that CBS would be putting out the Rarities discs on their own (I'd mentioned
the Box Set) and wondered if she'd heard anything about that. She said no,
but if she did she'd let me know. Still no word on that.

Today she came in and the first thing she said to me was "Guess what? Kate's
going to tour America next year!" I cautiously asked her where she'd heard
that and she said that it was the big news all over "the office" and that
there weren't any details yet but that she'd keep me posted!

   YAY!

So CBS has been informed through official channels and are presumably
working on the details now. This is great confirmation that Kate really
and truly might come to America!!

If I didn't find the music "Business" so repulsive, I'd scramble to apply
for a job at CBS. I'm going to be walking on eggshells with this woman
from now on, hoping that she will indeed keep me up-to-date on what's
going on. If I hear anything I will of course pass it on.

--------------------------------

A BIG HI! to Ron Hill! Did the photo you took of all of us crammed into
Peter's car come out? That's got to be one halarious photo. Chris sez
thanks for the very nice things you said about "The Infant Kiss" video.
I do too, I helped-really I did (the "Knock knock who's there" and the
"There's a man behind those eyes" bits are mine), but he did the vast
majority of it.

Neil Calton is now our official Homeground/Love-Hounds supplier.
Thanks to everybody who offered to send Peter print-outs.

Thought for the day: Our Goddess/Beloved is a high-school dropout!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com