Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com (Bill Blue)
Date: Fri Dec 7 02:12:02 1990

To: ucsd!rec-music-gaffa
From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hil}Il)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: kate bush convention
Date: 7 Dec 90 10:12:01 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

Hello again.  Well heres my convention story.  After spending a day and night
with some love hounds at the editors of Homegrounds house (and finally
officially suscribing to it in person) I wanted to spend a day in a small
English town away from all the tourists. Since I also wanted to see "the farm"
I of course choose Welli .  I took the train and got off at the stop before
Welling so I could walk around and see some of the country.  I had been under
the impression that Welling was more of of farm area but it was really more
like an upper-middle class town with houses everywhere.  I walked around for
about 4-5 hours getting destracted by all of the scenery and everything and
stopping off at a couple of pubs.  The really weird thing about it was that I
have a bad left leg on which I limp slightly and usually if I walk around for
more than an hour it starts to hurt. And yet despite the fact the I got really
really tired and was carrying around a (for me) heavy backback I didn't have
even the slightest pain in my left leg.  I don't know if it was the cold, the
scenery, the exitement, the "bush vibes", or what.  What was even weirder was
that a couple of days after I got back from the trip my RIGHT leg started
hurting really really bad.  This was very strange as there is nothing really
wrong with my right leg and yet it was hurting in almost exactly the same way
as my left leg normally does.  Anyways being able to walk around there (and
the rest of England) like that was a really beutiful experience since its be
years since I been able to walk much.
   Anyways .
  ooops - I then decided to head towards the East Wickmen area.  I saw someone
taking pictures up on a hill and walked up there and met a woman who I talked
to for about 15 minutes and who causually pointed out that over there is where
Kate Bush was born!  I walked over to the farm and on to the main street that
it is on.  I may be a little different then most fans in that I didn't want to
"hang out" and wait for her to show up or anything.  Actually I kinda felt
like I was impossing myself just being on the street.  So I had decided to
just spend a minute there and get a picture of myself in front of the "east
wickham farm" sign (which came out great considering I took it by holding the
camerea in front of me.  So after walking around the outside of the farm for
about two mines I left heading tards the pub at the end of the street.  As I
was walking towards the pub, guess who drove by!!!!  It was del + kate in a
jeep .  I only saw them for about 1 1/2 seconds and I doubt they saw me but it
was reallstrange.  Kate was wearing a sweater.  Anyways I walked over to the
pub and talked the barmaid (is that the right term) and she called me a "Kate
Bush gazer".  She said I was the first Kate Bush fan that she had met that
seemed normal, which to me was a scarry thought!!!!  A older guy there said he
knew her when she was young (she came over to play with his daughter) and all
he said about her was that she was VERY shy.  He says that when he sees her
now she just says hello quickly and keeps on walking..
    Anyways from there I went to Liverpool to see all the Beatle sights and
then went to wales to see all place where the Prisoner show was filmed.  There
is a Prisoner shop there (in the same room where the Prisoner stayed in the
"village") and the guy said that Kate was therearlier in the year.
    The best part of the 10 day trip was of course the convention though....

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com