Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Possibility of US rareties CDs -- the exact words

From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)
Date: 30 Nov 90 03:19:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Possibility of US rareties CDs -- the exact words
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9011270645.AA01222@das.llnl.gov> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>
>First of all, I don't think the poster mentioned that Kate is on
>the cover!  There's a small picture of her, about two inches on a
>side, from the _Hounds of Love_ era.

that was me... what can i say, oops? actually i was waiting for you to
mention it Ed! 2:^)

i was slightly disappointed that they didn't really mention any of the
Virgin limited edition boxed sets which are actually going for rather
cheap and some of them like the XTC box have remastered discs with
some tracks (such as 'Life Begins at the Hop' on Drums and Wires) are
restored, where previously they were missing on the CD issues.

nor did they mention the Nurse With Wound boxed set or the Soft Cell
boxed set (of singles though, but i've never seen many of them out
on CD before, so it's like good and bad at the same time) as well as
many other's that i've recently seen which are worth mentioning.

clearly, they have to gear the publication more to a mainstream interest,
but it would have been nice if they could have listed all of the boxed
sets i've seen recently like the Thelonious Monk boxed set and a few
other rather interesting jazz boxed sets that are out now.

*sigh* just wishfull thinking i guess... hasta. --d

--
Yes.  Beautiful, wonderful nature.  Hear it sing to us: *snap*  Yes.  natURE.