Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: CSDMLESBIREL%VAX.LIVERPOOL-POLY.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 29 NOV 90 13:25:07 GMT

Hello to everyone again,

 As the Kon has been fairly well covered by everyone else the only thing I can
add is this little Kate related tale.A friend went to the US group Circus Of
Power at the Tivoli in Buckley the Thursday before the Kon.He spent part of the
night talking to the bloke on the merchandise table,the company handling C.O.P
merchandise was Winterland and he said that they would be handling merchandise
for the up coming Kate Bush Tour.Paul being Paul was blind drunk and didn't
remember any of this till I was talking to him the Wednesday after the Kon.
  Oh and I had problems with my Camera as well the batteries ran out after
about 11 photos.Plenty of film,no batteries,and you couldn't get out to get
anymore,oh bugger.

To Andy Semple add me to the Katemas list please.

>Twin Peaks is being shown on BBC 2 on Tuesday nights with a repeat on
>Saturday night. This means there are no adverts. Being on BBC 2 the
>show will generate smaller audiences than if it were on BBC 1. However,
>there is already a strong cult following (including a UK mailing list so
>we don't have the plot spoiled by reading the US list).

Neil,could you tell me where this is please?

Finally a thank you to anyone who has dumped gif's on Gaffa I started pulling
them down and they are great.However I've been using a program called
xloadimage to view them on a VAXstation running DECWindows.The -onroot which
should display the gif as the background picture doesn't work due the way DEC
have got their window tree organised.The root window isn't actually the
background window,the background window is a psuedo-root.Can anyone help me as
to how to display the gifs as the background please ? And if you can please
keep it simple as we have virtually no information concerning X Windows at our
site.