Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misc.

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 90 17:33:22 BST
Subject: Misc.

>From: **Love-Hound** <sre017%cck.cov.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu>
>Hello again,this is another mini-update on UK/EUROPE katemas '91.So far
>the list of interested people is very small!!Come on you bunch get into
>gear,this has the potential of being very good.The list includes so far:
>Steve Fagg,Neil Calton and myself.I hope the following will be interested:
>Evan Welsh,Colin Davidson,Jem,Chris Ridd,Stephen Thomas and of course
>several others.
>            Andy Semple      sre017@uk.ac.cov.cck

While we are at it - aren't there any female UK Lovehounds out there?
There were lots of female fans at the Convention. The lack of female
UK Lovehounds probably says a lot about the deficiencies of the UK
education system and employment opportunities for women.

>From: roberson@gn.UUCP
>Can we arrange for reserved tickets for the forthcoming concerts/ tour ???

Reading some of the old KBC magazines it seems that for the previous
tour the club asked each venue to keep a block of seats (200 I think)
back to be sold to members of the KBC. However, it seems that not all
the venues complied with these instructions. Whether they would try a
similar thing again may well depend on the size and number of venues
Kate decides to play.

>From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
>> Watching TP in England was definitely one of the major highlights of the
>>trip! I'm certain that Kate watches it. It's exactly the kind of thing she
>>would LOVE!!!!
>
>Was it on the BBC or ITV?  If it was the BBC there would have been no
>commercial breaks - like watching it on PBS - wonderful!

Twin Peaks is being shown on BBC 2 on Tuesday nights with a repeat on
Saturday night. This means there are no adverts. Being on BBC 2 the
show will generate smaller audiences than if it were on BBC 1. However,
there is already a strong cult following (including a UK mailing list so
we don't have the plot spoiled by reading the US list).

Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk