Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I Finally Got The Box Set!!!

From: MasterMind <VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU>
Date: 21-NOV-1990 12:15:15.24
Subject: I Finally Got The Box Set!!!

just as the header says--i finally got it!  after waiting 3 weeks for a local
store to get it in, i went somewhere else for it.  (i should have known better
than to ask a chain to get it.)  i went to rhymes records in new haven-they
asked $180 for it, a price which i was only too happy to pay.  i also picked up
cathy's album (i had a recording of a recording of a recording...) and cathy's
album too (each were $10).  they also had a few other bootlegs, the titles of
which i can't remember, as well as a picture interview disc, all reasonably
priced.  and the next day, i bought a beautiful poster of her--the promo poster
for love and anger.  it is almost all black, with a photo in the lower left
corner of her with the two dancers.  it looks glorious on my bedroom wall
(although it covers nearly the entire room!)

what i want to know is--what is the song davy on _cathy's album too_?  it
doesn't sound like the clip of davy which i have on tape.

i feel that anyone who hasn't bought the box set because they feel it is a rip
off is simply jealous because they dont have a place to buy it.  it is
wonderful!  the pictures alone are worth the price.  the picture of kate in the
japanese clothes (where is that from?  i hadn't seen it before)  is one of the
most beautiful ones i have ever seen.  looking through the
all-too-small-booklet, i am convinced that she is looking better now than she
ever did.

my copy of the box set came with lyrics (except for the extra songs).  all 6
albums included lyrics, a fact which made me happy, because my earlier cd's,
being cheap american versions, were lyricless.

if you haven't gotten a copy of it yet, do it!  it is the best thing that has
happened to me in a very long time.  especially if you (like me) are jealous of
all these accounts of the konvention, you should get it.  it will cheer you up,
and give you the feeling that you have 'met' her too.  tww is, above all, an
expression of kate through her music.

    Valerie Nozick             "Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
vnozick@eagle.wesleyan.edu      Tell me we both matter, don't we?"--Kate Bush