Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Back from the Convention

From: newsmgr@vixvax.mgi.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 1990 10:55:59 CST
Subject: Back from the Convention

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 18 Nov 90 16:19:12 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 18 Nov 90 15:40:48 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 18 Nov 90 15:12:22 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: newsmgr@vixvax.mgi.com

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 18 Nov 90 14:23:46 GMT
Sender: Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU

Really-From: Sakari Jalovaara <sja@sirius.hut.fi>

I just came from the airport and haven't even unpacked my bags (except
for opening CD the box set.)  I'm sure there will be detailed reports
later; just a couple of quick notes:

Kate was there for a bit longer than just to say "hi"; she sat on a
couch on the stage for something like 45 minutes answering questions.
It was GREAT!  She sang too...

She'll tour next year.

She told, as she said earlier in the HMV "Q" magazine interview, that
she has started writing for the next album.  Of course it will take
quite a lot of time to get from "started writing" to the release day.

There was pretty neat stuff for sale: a new T-shirt (dark blue with a
red fem/KT symbol on the heart), programmes from her first tour,
badges, posters, old KBC mags, ...  And when you bought something you
got it in a white plastic bag with a big black fem/KT symbol (here's
to hoping it isn't bio-degradable :-)

There were a few (three?) live performances by Kate fans doing covers
of Kate songs.  Interesting but I think I prefer the originals :-)

There was a video documentary (who put it together?  Peter Morris &
the gang?)  It was, something like 1 to 1.5 hours long and contained
some commercially available videos, live TV performances, bits of TV
interviews, less easily available videos, etc.  It was shown in three
parts on a big video wall (the wall was of marginal quality.)  The
tape is not available for copying :-(

I don't know how many people were there; someone said 1200, someone
1500.  My ticket number was > 1100 (it's somewhere in the luggage) so
there should be at least that many tickets sold.

There was also the quiz (the prize was an individually autographed box
set for every member of the team!) and a raffle (1st prize: a
performing costume of Kate's!!  Everyone who was there: where has she
used it?)

Well, the tour isn't quite certain yet.  She's definitely planning
live performances late next year but it's on planning stage and it
might not end up being a big tour but "just a few shows."  If things
go smoothly, she'll announce the tour in January.

Pretty nice, huh?
									++sja