Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Meeting in London

From: ryan@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (Ryan McGuire)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 90 05:13:53 GMT
Subject: Meeting in London
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@usenet.ins.cwru.edu

    How do other people feel about getting together in London on, say,
Friday evening and perhaps doing dinner together?  I just bought the
Fodor's guide to London and it lists many eating establishments, rating
their food, service, and price range.  Or if anyone with London experience
would care to recomend something that is within even the most modest
budget and is yet a reasonable place to meet and eat, that would be
greatly appreciated.

    How long is everyone staying there.  Besides most of Friday (jet-lag
day) and part of Saturday, I'll have all of Sunday and Monday to sight see.
Maybe we could tour Kate-mentioned places such as Waterloo Bridge from
_Rocket's_Tail_ and Kensington Park as in _Oh_England_My_Lionheart_ and
any others anyone can think of.

    Where is everyone staying?  I'm at the Norfolk Court, 20 Norfolk Sq.,
W2 1RS.

    What is the exact address of the convention?  I overwrote the file that
I saved that info into.  I recall seeing an ascii map of the area that
someone typed in.  If some kind soul could relay that information to me,
I would be deeply indebted.  I'd hate to get to London and not know where
to go Saturday morning.  (I'm so embarassed I lost that file.)