Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mailbag; & LONDON TRIP INFORMATION

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 90 15:47:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Mailbag; & LONDON TRIP INFORMATION
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: Andrew B Marvick <abm4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu>
>   IED sees the validity of both Peter's and JSD's points about
>how to count Kate's "videos", but he cannot, in the end, see his
>way to dismissing the existence of videos like "Delius" and "The
>Wedding List" simply because Kate didn't release them on home
>video. They were nonetheless real in-studio productions.

Fair enough, but there should be some kind of consistency in the
counting.  Peter's list was whimsical, to say the least.

>In the end, IED has no choice but to reject jsd's more selective
>approach to the video KaTalogue.

You are free to do so, but your list (deleted for space's sake) sheds
new light on the topic.  One must either be all inclusive, as your
list was, or highly selective, as mine was.  In either case, I still
dispute the "number of choreographical interpretations" yardstick as a
measure of how "good" KT is these days.  It just ain't necessarily
true.

I don't wish to prolong this argument - I take IED's and Peter's
points under advisement, and reiterate my previous statement: I would
gladly have KT make no further videos, live shows, or televised
appearances in exchange for better albums!

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |