Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Danielle Dax LP - she's sold out.

From: i love you in your tragic beauty <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 90 20:02:28 -0500
Subject: New Danielle Dax LP - she's sold out.

Well, the subject line says it all.  The new Danielle Dax LP "Blast
The Human Flower" is here and it's disappointing: smoother than ever
pop.  The first single, "Tomorrow Never Knows" is a vaguely
interesting cover of the Beatles song, but what with Candy Flip's
similarly hiphop psychedelic version of "Strawberry Fields Forever"
coming out recently, Dax loses big bonus originality points.

I'm kinda depressed - it's not a terrible album by any stretch, but
it's so... polished.  Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |