Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comments on This Woman's Work - Anthology 1978-1990

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 90 16:01:13 PST
Subject: Comments on This Woman's Work - Anthology 1978-1990

After having picked my copy up yesterday I have the following to relate.

The box is quite attractive - black with gold writing and the new KT symbol in
red.  I am not sure of the purpose of the stickers.  Are we supposed to put
them on things so that other Katefans will spot them and make themselves
immediately known?  The booklet is of high quality glossy paper and the photos
are superb.  The album CDs are all UK EMI pressings except TD which is a
Nimbus pressing.

The non-album discs are 46+ and 66+ mins long respectively.  The sound quality
is wonderful after living with tapes of vinyl.  "Passing Through Air" is not
as good as the other cuts in this respect but that is to be expected.  I am
left wondering why the other 5 tracks were omitted from the set yet "Walk
Straight Down the Middle" is repeated on the b-sides as well as TSW.  There
was clearly room on disc 1.

I am glad I got my copy so quickly but wince when I realise I payed about $2
for every minute of new to CD music.  For the KTneophyte it is ideal.  I am
still peaved that I now have two import copies of all her albums.  I will
compare sound quality and later decide whether to sell my separate discs.

Now I just have to try and pay off the credit cards.  That doesn't keep me
awake at night yet.  I hope the Japanese set does not have more tracks.  That
would make me simply livid with EMI.

I still prefer the version myself and IED offered.

Till Later,

Derek