Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: geewiz...

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 90 14:21:12 -0500
Subject: Re: geewiz...

Ah shoot guys, Chris caught on...

But seriously, r.m.g has been pretty slow -- probably because most of
us are still dazed from purchasing the boxed set... 8-]

Speaking of which:  Boston area update -- Second Coming Records in Cambridge
will order _TWW_ for $210 (i'm not sure if they want a deposit).  I'm still
going to wait and buy mine in the UK...

I saw Percy Jones (fretless bass player extraordinaire for Brian Eno and
Brand X, etc.) in Cambridge last week.  He performed solo (with drum machine
and sequencer, plus occasional tape );  interesting sounds, good post-
fusion sorta songs, and *astounding* technique.  Those of you who enjoy
the Del Palmer/Eberhard Weber/John Giblin fretless bass work on Ms. Bush's
albums should keep your eyes open for this guy...

A friend (who has a satelite dish) just snagged a KT appearance off of
french television -- the show was called "Champs Elysees" (I think) and
she lip-and-piano-synched _This Woman's Work_.  I guess this was being
broadcast to Quebec;  have any other of her European performances appeared
in Canada (recently)?  If people can give me warning, I can ask my friend
to catch satelite stuff -- and the same friend is set up to edit and
duplicate video tapes...   BTW, now that I get MTV and VH-1, I admire
Much Music (the Canadian equivelent) that much more...

Got a place to stay in the Smoke (thanks Jorn!!!) not long now!!!

later
-greg -- gb10@gte.com