Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CD boot

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90 15:44:16 BST
Subject: CD boot

> From: woj <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
> Subject:  new bootleg cd - at least to me

> the cd is called _if you could see me fly_ it's a new bootleg cd -
> however, the material is not new - it is, infact, the selections of
> the cathy demos from _cathy's album vol 1_, plus the two demos of
> "babooshka" that have been floating around.

> nevertheless, a good package. if you see it, grab it.  i paid about
> $22 for it which is about the running price for boot cds these days.

I found this CD boot at a record fair in Oxford a couple of weeks
ago. The guy had several copies. I paid 20 pounds - I don't know if
this is normal for CD boots as I have never bought one before. However,
as I had never seen any of the Cathy demos on vinyl in this part of
the World I thought it worth parting with the money.

I have seen discussion in this forum and in Homeground about most
of the demo tracks but I don't remember anything about the two
"babooshka" demos being mentioned. Does anyone know anything about
them - are they thought to be from the same source?

Convention tickets are now being distributed - I got mine yesterday.

Be seeing you, there.
	Neil
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                              Tel: (0235) 821900   ext 5740